- State of Matter/Chemical Form: Powder
- Grade/Standard: Industrial Grade
- Grade Standard: Reagent Grade, Technical Grade, Analytical Grade
- Physical State: Powder
- Usage: Industrial
- Packaging Size: 50 kg bags
- Packaging Type: HDPE
Sodium metabisulphite is marketed under the brand ASA Sodium Metabisulphite (ASA BRAND).
SMBS is used as a preservative in the starch and food industry to control melanosis (black spot) in shrimp; for fermentation in the wine industry; as an antichlor in the chemical industry and as a redox catalyst in the acrylic fibre industry.
The product is also used as a reducing agent in the purification of aldehydes and ketones; in the manufacture of sulphonated oil and resin; for detoxification of cyanide in gold ore processing plants and in the manufacture of photographic chemicals.
Sodium metabisulphite is manufactured by ASA IMPEX ( INDIA ).
Synonyms: Sodium disulphite, Sodium pyrosulphite
Grade: This product is available in three grades: Photo, Food, Technical
- As a preservative in fruits and starch
- As an enzyme inhibitor in melanin formation (black and brown spots)
- Treatment of waste water: As an anticolor and in the detoxification of cyanide and chromate
- Textile: For bleaching wool and jute
- Paper and pulp: For bleaching ground wood, As an anticolor
- Lather Tannery process: It is used as leather processing chemical during the deliming process and helps to prevent formation of toxiz hydrogen sulphide gas during deliming.
Packaging and transportation
50 kg HDPE bags